In the summer of 2014 the History Society held an exhibition about the village during the First World War.
This section of the website explains more about it and shows the panels produced.
- Charing just before the War began
- Those who served and their families
- The Heavy Toll
- Health and the hospitals during the war
- Charing Church
- The life of the parish during the war
- Schools and children’s lives
- The role of the railway during the war
- For further information
Our WW1 section is sponsored by